If you’re running a campervan, motorhome, campervan or even a boat, chances are you'll have electrical equipment installed that you'll want to run when you're on-site. These can range from, low consumption items such as 12V sockets and LED lights through to more power hungry items such as a water pump, coolbox/fridge, laptop, TV or sound system.
Using your engine starter battery without the engine running alone will see it flat in a short space of time, risking leaving you stranded. The solution for many owners to fit one or more extra batteries, known as leisure batteries that are used purely to power these additional items.
We recommend fitting our split charger relay kit which will automatically charge your leisure battery while your engine is running but also isolate your starter battery when you are parked up so that your electrical items don’t drain the main vehicle battery.
Installation is straightforward and the kit includes all the items you need to connect the two batteries together in your vehicle and it is also compatible with Bluemotion and Stop Start alternator technology.
The standard kit comes with 1 metre of the red 80amp 0.4mm red cable. Please use the drop down box above if you require a longer length of cable.
- 1 x Durite 12v 200amp programmable smart relay
- 1 x Inline fuse holder with a 50amp fuse
- 1 x Set of battery clamps
- 1 x 1 metre of 70amp 10mm² Red Power Cable (To connect both batteries to the relay)
- 1 x 500mm of 25amp 2mm² Black Earth Cable (Used to earth the relay)
- 1 x 600mm Leisure battery earth strap (25mm², 170amp with 8mm terminals)
- 2 x Rubber insulating boots
- 4 x 8mm P clips
- 5 x Open-ended 8mm ring terminals to fit 10mm² cable
- 1 x Blue terminal 5.30mm ring fitting
- 1 x Blue terminal 6.30mm push fitting
This is a very simple kit to install, containing all you need to connect your starter battery to your leisure battery. The smart relay automatically detects the rise in voltage from your vehicles charging system when it exceeds 13.3v and will charge any additional batteries while your engine is running. When your engine is switched off and the battery voltage drops below 12.65v the relay will isolate any additional batteries from your main starter battery so it does not drain your main starter battery and you will always be able to start your vehicle.